Thursday, June 6, 2013

Review:BEAUTY BLENDER

Yes. The much raved about Beauty Blender. I recently bought this beauty.I have to say....I'm kind of in love with it. It is the first ergonomically designed disposable sponge, which means you don't have to throw it away after using it! Now you're probably wondering what the point of it is, "Isn't it just a sponge?, Why can't I just buy a sponge from the drugstore?" etc. Well you can, but its not going to give you the same flawless finish. According to the peoples down at Beauty Blender Headquarters you can use this sponge with all types of makeup. They even allow you to use it with your eyeshadow. Would I use it with my eyeshadow? No. I probably wouldn't... but only because I love the feel of a brush in my hand while applying shadows. The beauty blender is hypoallergenic!!! Which rocks for those of you with allergies or sensitive skin. You know what else, this is a LATEX FREE sponge. Which may not matter to most of you, unless you have an allergy to latex.The thing I love most about this sponge is that it has a double end. The larger end I use to blend my foundation down my face and neck and the smaller end I use to get into the harder areas like the nose or under the eyes to blend out concealer. The concealer always looks gorgeous and not dry and cakey. The only downfall of this sponge is the price. It retails at $19.95! Ugh ridiculous but it was worth it. Heres my suggestion, find a friend that wants one and buy the two pack for $29. Split the cost saves you each at least $4 (doesn't sound like a lot but hey, thats a starbucks you can buy!) Directions for use: You may use dry. I however suggest using this wet. Run under your faucet and give the blender a few loving squeezes so it can absorb the water. Once the water is absorbed, wring out the water that has built up inside the sponge. Start sponging the larger end onto your face to blend out your foundation. Down below is a video on my youtube channel showing the Beauty Blender in action. My best friend Tyler demonstrates it using the super sheer M.A.C. Face and Body and then I show it using  the medium to full coverage foundation Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. Enjoy! Leave requests and comments for me and leave me your blog name too!! xx Kristen
P.S. The Beauty Blender has a 4.6 out of 5 star rating on Sephora.com and over 900 people have reviewed it. If that doesn't prove its bitchiness then I don't know what will!

No comments:

Post a Comment