Saturday, May 31, 2014

Tom Ford Lip Color Review

It's no surprise to fellow makeup junkies that I have a slight (and when I say slight, I mean ridiculous) obsession with lipsticks. I'm the type of junkie that will buy a new lipstick even if its slightly different than the one I already have. Which is why I didn't hesitate to buy my first Tom Ford lipstick.
Tom Ford Lip Color in Pink Dusk $49

What Tom Ford has to say about his lip color: "TO TOM FORD, THERE IS NO MORE DRAMATIC ACCESSORY THAN A PERFECT LIP. IT IS THE FOCUS OF THE FACE AND IT HAS THE POWER TO DEFINE A WOMAN'S WHOLE LOOK. EACH LIP COLOR IS TOM FORD'S MODERN IDEAL OF AN ESSENTIAL MAKEUP SHADE. RARE AND EXOTIC INGREDIENTS INCLUDING SOJA SEED EXTRACT, BRAZILIAN MURUMURU BUTTER AND CHAMOMILLA FLOWER OIL CREATE AN ULTRA-CREAMY TEXTURE WITH AN INCREDIBLY SMOOTH APPLICATION. SPECIALLY TREATED COLOR PIGMENTS ARE BLENDED TO DELIVER PURE COLOR WITH JUST THE RIGHT BALANCE OF LUMINOSITY."
My Thought: These lipsticks are extremely pigmented. The color payoff is amazing, you hardly need to put any on to get a desired coverage. Which at a $49 price tag, its good to know that you aren't using a ton of product each time. Tom Ford lipsticks are also nice and creamy with a satin finish. They don't leave your lips feeling dry and they aren't too moisturizing that they're slipping all over the place. Although they aren't advertised as a long wearing lipstick I felt like it lasted me well through a night out, so extra bonus points to you Mr. Ford!


The Tom Ford lipsticks leave a lot to be desired. From packaging to product its hard to resist not buying the lot of them.

My Final Thoughts: For the lipstick obsessed like myself, you NEED at least one of these beautes in your collection. I chose Pink Dusk because I wanted a color I was going to get a lot of wear out of(but I've got my eye on a few other shades). For the everyday girl or woman who isn't looking to expand a collection you may find $49 to be a bit mad. It is an incredible lipstick but I'm sure there are other alternatives for you. If you want a color similar to the one shown above, M.A.C Patissiere lipstick is a more sheer version of Tom Ford Pink Dusk and for a 1/3 of the price.

If you're interested in the Tom Ford Lip Colors they're available on Nordstrom.com (also in select stores), Bloomingdales.com (also inselectstores),Barneys.com,niemanmarcus.com,saksfifthavenue.com!

Thank you for reading, please follow my blog and comment! xx







No comments:

Post a Comment